Find out more about Sales Proposal Automation Software
What is Sales Proposal Automation Software?
Sales proposal automation software is a productivity system that helps sales professionals to easily produce precise and customized proposal documents. They can then submit the proposal to clients as a paper copy, an electronic file, or via a link to an online proposal. Some software apps of this type also inspect proposal documents to ensure brand and legal compliance. The advantage of this platform is you don’t have to create proposals from scratch or copy standard proposal language and related info into a new document. Proposal automation software also manages formatting using templates or branding rule logic to help you create professional documents without wasting time on layout, fonts, spacing etc. Thus, this solution gives both brand consistency and convenience. Start by checking our leader DocSend, and other recommended solutions in this category.
Top 10 Most Popular Sales Proposal Automation Software
Best Sales Proposal Automation Software
How To Choose The Best Sales Proposal Automation Software
Sales proposal automation software helps you to create proposals quickly and easily and deliver them in a convenient format to your clients. Therefore, it is essential to select the best sales proposal automation software to save time and improve efficiency. However, this can be a difficult task as there are scores of programs out there. We come to your aid by giving you practical tips and hints to help you pick the best sales proposal automation software for your company needs.
Get to know each product with free trial
An ideal way to begin your search is to sign up for the free trials or demo offered by leading sales proposal automation software providers. This will enable you to check out each product’s main features and other elements without spending any money. You can then opt for a solution that best fits your unique requirements. Find out whether the popular proposal platforms offer a free trial and sign up for them: PandaDoc, Paperless Proposal, Octiv, QuoteWerks, and Proposify. These tools have received impressive rankings in our sales proposal automation software reviews that you can read to get a comparison of their features.
- Entrepreneurs and small businesses have simpler needs and they can make do with a one-size-fits-all system.
- Large enterprises need customized solutions and advanced functionality for their greater needs and to improve their sales efficiency and productivity.
Examples of Sales Proposal Automation Software
- PandaDoc: PandaDoc helps you to create and deliver sales proposals and quotes as well as track presentations and close deals more quickly with legally binding eSignatures. Key features include CPQ functionality, document builder, workflow management, and built-in eSignatures.
- Paperless Proposal: A cloud-based enterprise level proposal creation and management system. You can use it to create impressive business quotes, proposals, and contracts in just a few minutes.
- Octiv: Enables collaboration and connection across the sales software ecosystem. Octiv improves sales productivity by streamlining workflows between marketing and sales.
- QuoteWerks: Create professional proposals and quotes in minutes. QuoteWerks has the simplicity of spreadsheets, with the flexibility, feature set, and robustness of high-end custom solutions.
- Proposify: Create attractive proposals, streamline them in the cloud, and get quicker sign-off with online signatures. You can try the software free for 30 days.
Types of Sales Proposal Automation Software
Web-based proposal software
In SaaS proposal management software, you need to import content into the solution. After content is imported, the system acts like a search engine to help you find what you need quickly and easily. The HTML format allows better use of search features such as stemming and full-text searching.
Small business systems
These are one-size-fits-all solutions that are ideal for the basic needs of small businesses and entrepreneurs.
These are more customized solutions for the greater needs of large enterprises and include advanced features, robust business logic, and customer support.
Native file format proposal software
Some proposal software store files in their native file format (PDF, Excel, or Microsoft Word). Other web-based proposal systems are starting to store content in the form of HTML.
Key Features of Sales Proposal Automation Software
Look for the following common features in proposal software:
- Proposal branding – Allows you to create branding rules and inspect proposals for brand compliance.
- Proposal templates – Enables you to use templates for standard layouts with variable fields.
- Proposal content library updates – You can update standard content and saved proposal language.
- Searchable database: Proposals are stored in a central database. You can easily search and locate past proposals in the database.
- Guided proposal creation – Recommendations, question flow, and an authoring wizard to help sales professionals create proposals based on the details of the deal.
- RFP response and management – You can create proposals based on the requests you receive.
- Proposal collaboration – You can collaborate with your colleagues to review and revise proposals. May include automated approval workflows and versioning.
- User permissions and editing controls – You can control who views the proposals and who can edit them.
- Content tracking – Reporting and analytics features that give insight into proposal content engagement and performance. For example, you can learn what content your clients read and what content helps to close successful deals.
- Proposal delivery – Convenient options to deliver proposals to clients such as hard copies, electronic documents (Word, PDF, HTML, RTF) and links to online proposals.
- Interactive proposals – Interactive options for clients as they can select from agreements, choose add-ons to upsell themselves, and sign electronic agreements.
- Sales proposal workflow – Proposal automation to boost sales efficiency.
- Proposal automation user interface – The user interface is simple and easy to navigate for sales professionals and their collaborators even if they do not have technical skills.
Benefits of Sales Proposal Automation Software
- Streamlines workflow to enable users to create proposals more quickly and easily.
- You can create higher quality proposals that have consistent branding and are more personalized with regard to RFP specifications and contract details.
- Another benefit is you can boost sales effectiveness with customized proposals and fast turnaround which can enhance win rate.
- Interactive proposals enable your clients to upsell themselves which can increase the deal size and revenue gained without sales professionals needing to put in extra effort.
No market leaders
Currently, there are no market leaders in the proposal software category because the field is at a nascent stage and too splintered right now. The five apps we have mentioned in our Top Vendors category have good reputation and track records but they do not qualify to be market leaders as of now.
Customized proposal software for specific industries
Companies are preferring to invest in niche apps as they are designed for the business processes and challenges of a specific industry. Plus, organizations don’t have to purchase multiple software systems for project management, sales, and client support, and can instead subscribe to a single niche proposal software solution that covers all their needs.
Users of sales proposal software have reported that they faced difficulties while setting up the systems. Particularly, they found it hard to create document templates and a content repository. Software vendors need to recognize this drawback and improve their solutions.
Use of outdated and inaccurate content
All concerned employees such as sales professionals and managers need to use standard templates and the most current version of documents. Otherwise, they can end up using outdated and inaccurate content as well as different versions which will the mar the quality of the proposals.
Another common challenge faced by sales managers is proposals with branding inconsistencies. Sales professionals need to make good use of proposal management software to ensure the proposals they create have uniform branding and formatting features so that they stand out among the crowd and attract the attention of clients.
List of Sales Proposal Automation Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
Our website makes use of our innovative SmartScore™ system to analyze all the applications in the Sales Proposal Automation Software category to help you select the best possible app. It analyzes the following aspects: essential functionalities, collaboration tools, custom elements, integrations with other services, user friendliness, customer support, security, support for mobile devices, general media ratings. At the moment, DocSend is the leader in this category and our experts are really satisfied with it. Following detailed research and analysis it had the best results among its competitors and we strongly suggest that you consider it as one of the options for your business.
User Satisfaction Read More
An overview of total user satisfaction with the services in our Sales Proposal Automation Software category evaluated with our unique algorythm that collects customer reviews, comments and opinions across a broad range of social media sites in order to help you make an educated investment decision.
Pricing Read More
Each vendor in the Sales Proposal Automation Software category will have a different group of pricing plans for its product and each package will include a different set of features. Below we list the overal pricing for the cheapest package offered for each service. Please note that advanced features may cost extra.
Devices Supported Read More
An analysis of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by all B2B solutions in the Sales Proposal Automation Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Learn what languages and countries are supported by the best B2B apps in the Sales Proposal Automation Software category, including apps intended for international markets and prepared for multi-cultural groups of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Find out which pricing packages are provided by the vendors in the Sales Proposal Automation Software category to check which one fits your business preferences and budget best. Keep in mind that specific apps can support free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
Customer Types Read More
A brief look at which groups of customers a specific B2B platform in the Sales Proposal Automation Software category is designed for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.
Deployment Read More
An overview of what styles of software deployement are supported by every B2B vendor in the Sales Proposal Automation Software category. While most of modern SaaS services are cloud-hosted certain services may offer an on-site deployment model as well.